Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mad Men: "Souvenir" - Review

"You don't kiss boys, boys kiss you." - Mother of the year Betty Draper to little Sally.

After all the explosive happenings on the last two episodes of Mad Menthere had to be some sort of let down, right? Wrong. Oh, how wrong. Even though the show didn't have any real "ah, ha!" moments it did comfortably settle into what makes this show great. Blank stares, people sleeping and characters being lonely and sad. Oh wait, I meant to say morally conflicted characters, deep introspective moments and sleeping.

When the season is over people may think that "Souvenir" was a throw away episode but in reality Matthew Wiener is laying the extensive groundwork for what's to come. Tonight he gave us more of Betty's immaturity, Sally growing violent tendencies, Pete's humanity (or lack thereof) and most importantly that Don is trying very hard to be a good husband and father. Too bad Betty doesn't see it that way. There were lots of smash cuts in this episode, so much in fact that for a moment it seemed that large parts of the show were montages. That's not a bad thing though. This episode was amazing but even more than that it only spent a few seconds at the office. No Roger, Peggy or Sal and only limited Joan and the guys. Wow.

-- Janaki Cedanna

Click Here for Full Review at TV Fodder

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good morning friends. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for that exact model. The prices seeking the sneakers are approximately 190 bucks on every page. But for all I found this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi there everyone. I'm really into shoes and I had been searching for that singular brand. The prices for the velcros are all over 340 dollars on every page. But definitively I found this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for that singular make. The prices for the velcros are all over 190 pounds everwhere. But finally I set this location selling them for half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what can you say about it?